Wednesday 13 May 2015

A box of memories

 
This box is the perfect size for storing vintage photographs and mementos or perhaps baby's first shoes, or little treasures from your childhood. I finally got around to completing this project I started before my craft room clearup. I hadn't made a box for a wee while, and you know how I love boxes. This is a larger one than I usually make...so it will hold a good amount. It started life as one of those papier mache box blanks you can buy. This one is an 8inch diameter box. The base of the box was painted with an ivory paint and then I stenciled through some punchinella with silver paint for this effect which I think almost has the look of shagreen or snakeskin.



Tonic Studios products used

  • Layering Die – Celtic Dream – 209e
  • Forever Floral Rose Trio Mould Set – 47e
  • Forever Floral Spring Bouquet Mould Set – 45e
  • Forever Moments Clay – 559e
  • Nuvo Acrylic Collection – Metallic Sterling Silver – 989n
  • Forever Moments Gilding Paste – Silver – 38e
  • Forever Moments Antique Crackle Base coat – 31e
  • Forever Moments Antique Crackle Top coat – 32e
  • Pattern Punch – Celtic Strip – 946E
  • Inspirations Sentiment Die Set – 367e


I hope this gives you some inspiration. Don't forget to check out the rest of my blog for more ideas and inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.