Tuesday 15 November 2011

Free Playing Card Box Template

Out of necessity, I made a template for a box to fit a pack of playing cards. These are nice cards, but the box was beginning to fall apart. I thought I would share the template with you. If you bought some quality playing cards you could make a special personalised box and it would make a thoughtful gift. 
Of course, you don't have to use it for giving playing cards in. It would work equally well for jewellery or any other small gift . 
I used a spare information card to decorate the top of my box. This was at the suggestion of my 5 year old! She does have some smart ideas !
I used a circle punch to take a chunk out of the sides of the base of the box, to help get the cards out. But you can also do this on the lid of the box- that is a more normal thing to do.
The template should be printed out onto the reverse side of your card. it is made to fit A4 card. Then cut on the solid lines and score the dotted lines. Glue the tabs to the inner side first and then fold over all the flaps and glue. Hopefully you'll be able to work it out. Let me know if there are any problems and I'll try and sort them. 
Because I have uploaded a PDF file, I have used a file share system. This is the first time I have done this so please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing the file. 
So without further ado...the link to the template can be found Here

3 comments:

  1. The template downloaded perfectly Doda. Thank you so much. Its a fab box. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have one smart 5 yr old! That decoration makes the box so much fancier.:) What a very good idea.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OLA DODA,LINDA COMBINAÇÃO DE CARTAS E EMBALAGEM,PARABÉNS.VALÉRIA.(BRASIL).

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.