Friday 10 January 2014

Glass Etching with Tonic Studios Dies


Something a little different for you this morning....glass etching. It's not as complicated as you might think. I purchased some self adhesive matt finish vinyl from Ebay and cut out with one of Tonic Studios new butterfly layering dies.  Then I cut a square with their scalloped square layering dies. I used these as my stencils and adhered the vinyl to the glass which I made sure was grease free first.


You then need some latex gloves and eye protection - just in case, and you apply the Armour Etch which is widely available. It says to just leave for a few minutes, but I gave mine a bit longer just to be sure. You can then scrape off the excess and put it back in the jar before you wash off the bottle under a running tap. You then peel off the vinyl and ...tada...you're done. Easy peasy. Your design is permanently on your bottle. 


Go on....give it a try..you know you want to!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great tutorial! I have quite a few Sizzix dies but don't tend to make cards, so huge thanks for a super crafting ide.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.