Tuesday 18 December 2012

My first interlined curtain

I finished the door curtain at last. I still have another one to make the same. It seems to have made a difference to the warmth of the room.

The fabric is a heavy chenille and when I took the fabric roll out my store cupboard where it had been for a few years,  it was much nicer than I remembered, so that was a bonus.  It was mostly sewn by hand and with the weight of the fabric plus the interlining, it kept me really cosy whilst I was sewing it on my lap.

I might try making a throw backed with some interlining once I have finished the other curtain.

Excuse the mess either side of the curtain. This is my utility room and currently has piles of ironing waiting to be done plus other works in progress.

1 comment:

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.