Wednesday 12 December 2012

Hello Old Friend!

Hello old friend. It's been a while. Around 30 years. You're ageing better than me, that's for sure!
Now does your machinery all still work? Can I remember how to thread your needle and wind on the bobbin? Let's see...

Why, yes I can!  It all came back to me in an instant...easier than riding a bicycle.
What a beautiful whirring sound you make...I'd forgotten how much I loved it.
It brought a tear to my eye. Now what shall I sew for a first little project?
A pin cushion with a picture of one of your old buddies. Perfect.

Next task...a door curtain...a little more of a challenge perhaps.  Never done interlining before...first time for everything!

5 comments:

  1. A beauty! How'd you print the image on the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember using my Mum's machine similar to this with its long bullet shaped bobbin, they were so easy to learn on rather than whizzing with an electric pedal machine. Happy memories! Love the little pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your machine is beautiful, I can just imagine how much fun it would be to sew with that. Mine is vintage, and I do love it, but yours, I'm certain has a much nicer sound. Your pin cushion is adorable, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful pincushion. I also love old sewing machines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your machine is gorgeous!! My son just bought one and loves it! So wonderful to see such a beautiful project done with it too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.