Monday 27 March 2017

'Shell' Paper butterfly earrings




In my last post here, I showed you my "paper" butterfly brooches which were decorated using Nuvo drops butterfly prints my daughter and I made. I mentioned that the waste did not go to waste as I used a paper punch to use up the scraps. The ones done with Nuvo pearl drops look so like mother of pearl or some other shell I decided to make earrings from them. Each earring is made from 7 layers. The middle layer is cut in half and a thin strip taken out the middle to allow an earring wire to be glued inside.


The ones with the frosted glass blue beads are my favourite ones. I've worn them already.


They look so much like shell you could easily be fooled. I don't think anyone would guess what they are made from.


I had such fun making these, and now I am thinking of what other paper accessories I can make.

I hope this inspires you.
Have  a lovely day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.