Thursday 5 February 2015

DIY Glitter Card...make your own custom colours.

Glitter card is lovely to use...die cuts sparkle and bring a special touch to a card, but I can never find the colour that I want, when I need it. Solution - I made my own glitter card.

 I always keep a jar of watered down tacky glue. I use it when I make mini books and do decoupage. This time I used it to make glitter card. I worked on peices of card approximately 1/3 of an A4 size so that I was not overwhelmed with glitter. I coated the card evenly with my"Digit -al" glue spreader aka my finger. Then I sprinkled the glitter on, and tapped off the excess and left it to dry. The glitter sticks really well to the card - make sure you leave it long enough to dry out...at least an hour and a half I would say...but even longer would be better.

As you can see, I don't bother going right to the edges with my glue so as I have something to hold onto when I am tapping off the excess. You now have your very own homemade glitter card which you can use as any other glitter card. It die cuts beautifully and this now means you can create very detailed glittered die cuts. You can even mix your colours as I did for my butterfly necklace and dragonfly box. Remember you have to work quick and clean up each colour after using so that you don't end up with a mixed coloured mess to clean up.

It's not as tricky as you think...and the results are beautiful.

Let me know if you try it.

Doda
xxx

2 comments:

  1. the glitter die cuts look so sparkly. im going to give the DIY glitter a go. i used to hate glitter but with the tonic dies it looks really professional. only problem is im having to wait till the glitters come on general sale.
    jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the idea of making your own glitter card!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.