Monday 22 April 2013

White Wedding Card



It's spring-time and traditionally it's a popular time for weddings.  A cascading card is a fun, easy way to make a fancy looking wedding card that isn't actually very complicated to make and can still fold flat into an envelope - great if you're reluctant to take out a mortgage with the Royal Mail like myself ! 

There are plenty of tutorials out there on the www. Here are a couple of links if you've not tried one before...
I've used  Tonic Studio's wonderful products to create all the detail on my card and I think they look great on a white on white card - OK, not pure white, white with touches of gold this time. I used a gold ink stamp on the lilies, and on the foliage I drew with a gold pen  to colour and add detail to the leaves. (BTW you can get fab metallic pens at poundland just now.)
Don't forget to check out Blog Tonic for more crafting inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. I love this card and I am going to have a go at making it later today. I think you give some wonderful ideas for cards and they are not too difficult to make either. Love your blog, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks supagran. Your comment made my day!

      Delete
  2. What a very special card this is, love the white on white with a hint of colour. The cascade design is a fabulous idea for a wedding card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful and elegant! You have such a lovely style about all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.