Tuesday 23 August 2011

times they are a changing...

My precious little 5 year old is now a schoolgirl. Here she is concentrating hard on her very first homework ever! 
There have been more than a few tears...and all of them have been from me! She is settling in fine. 
I have been keeping myself busy. One thing I did was to repair a bad chip in a beautiful very large blue and white china bowl I bought recently at my local auction.


 It cost me £10 with a lovely delftware plate that I have hanging in my bathroom. I repaired the chip with an epoxy product called Milliput. It goes really hard.


 Then I used my acrylic paints to disguise the white patch. Unless you stare at it really hard, it looks fine. It's probably not the way a proper china restorer would do it, but it worked for me :-) 



5 comments:

  1. Wow you did an incredible job. I wouldnt have even known that it was repaired. Your wee daughter is so cute sitting doing her homework. They grow up too fast. My wee mammy cried with all 5 of us going to school!! You'd think she would have been fine after me but no, she cried when the other 4 went too! Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little schoolgirl is absolutely precious!! and it looks like all your paint studies have paid off....you did a fabulous job repairing your pretty bowl! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed! And your daughter is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congratulations school mummy, isn't she adorable. The repair job is brilliant, my grandmother had amazing giant china like this, you've brought back those memories, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on that plate! Love the photo of your beautiful daughter.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Which city do you come from? Don't you ever come back for a visit??

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.