Tuesday 25 August 2009

Nearly blew the diet with these!


I just made some delicious biscuits that are similar to one you can buy here called Hob Nobs. They were really easy to make - that's always a winner with me.
Trouble is they tasted so good, I had more than one. So that is it - no more biscuits, nope, no more ! I know the family will enjoy them though. Why not try the recipe and you will see what I mean.

So here is the recipe, but you have been warned, they are very more-ish.

Oaty Crunch Biscuits
8oz Self Raising flour
(or use plain flour and add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder)
8oz sugar
8oz porridge oats
8oz margarine or butter(butter will be tastier)
1tbsp golden syrup
1tbsp hot water
Instructions
Mix the flour, sugar and oats together.
Melt the margarine and the syrup and the water, and then add to the dry mix.
Roll into small balls then put on a greased tray and flatten with a fork. The flatter you make the biscuit, the crunchier it will be. Make sure to leave ample room between the biscuits.

Bake at 180 degrees celcius for about 15 minutes or until they are a nice golden colour. (Don't leave them in too long like I did with one of my trays and I ended up with dark brown rather too crunchie biscuits - oops)
The recipe made loads. I didn't count how many exactly , but it must have been around 40 biscuits. Oh, and then a friend suggested I add some chocolate, and well, now they are even worse - or better depending on how you look at it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh sounds yummy!! Thanks for posting this. I made a blueberry coffee cake last Saturday morning, it was gone by Sunday night! :/ I was not the only one eating it, but I had more than my fair share!!!!

    I will be more disciplined with these - well maybe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... sounds nummy. I'll have to try making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fab - and thank you for writing the recipe in ounces.... I will have a go making these soon

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.