Friday 23 April 2010

Phew!

Well, the fashion show went well. I made some sales which I am very thankful for, and also I was able to observe and take note of ways I could improve my display should I ever get the chance to do something similar. I sold my Sea dragon necklace and some heart pendants and rose pendants. I didn't sell any earrings which surprised me as they were the cheapest thing to buy, and I was sure they would have sold first. Perhaps because the crowd was mostly older ladies who didn't want dingly dangly ears!
The even greater miracle was that I managed to play without too many bum notes (by God's grace!) I even had a few ladies come up to me after to say how much they enjoyed the piano playing. That is an answer to prayer for sure - I was so very nervous my stomach was in knots!
...And even better still the evening raised money to help a charity group in Milawi. I'll post a link to their webpage as soon as I get a hold of it.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Doda - that's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you ahd a very successful and fabulous time:) Well done to you!! Love your sea dragon necklace!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Doda!
    You have had a busy week!
    What a blessing for you to have played for your friend and everyone else!
    I cannot play the piano to save my life, and so anyone else who cannot play piano must also be grateful for those people like you who can, and must not complain if there are any bum notes.
    All my notes would be bum notes!
    By the way, that sea dragon necklace is gorgeous!
    I can see why it sold!
    Thank you for always coming by my home and encouraging me! I really, truly appreciate it, sweet friend.
    God bless your WHOLE week, as you serve Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the success of your show!! i'll bet the ladies went crazy for your fabulous designs! i'm not surprised that your sea dragon sold.....he's magnificent! and you go girl for putting your nerves at ease and playing the piano.......i'll bet they ask you to play at the next gathering, too!!! xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks for your lovely comments girls!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.