Monday 30 March 2015

Vintage maps and letters


This is one of  my favourites from the most recent MDF units I have decorated for Tonic Studios. This unit is called the Lyon. I used maps from a vintage atlas and vintage clipart printed on my laser printer (mostly from the Graphics Fairy) .

I created the "air mail" border and printed it out and cut it into strips to go around the edges. I love the way it looks framing the letters.

I painted the drawers white, then colourwashed them with a blue glaze. I like the way the dragged effect looks. The little drawer pulls are strips of leather that was salvaged from a vintage chair that fell apart.

It would make a handy desktop caddy for stamps and other small stationery items. You could sit your pen pots on the top too. (If I'd had time, I would have made a matching map pen pot. )

Yup, I had fun with that one !

Have a lovely day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.