Tuesday 2 February 2010

One man's trash...

Every time my parents visit, my dad insists on bringing me stuff he has cleared out from his garage. In this case, it was a dirty tin full of old nails, screws, nuts and bolts. I'm afraid the contents have been relagated to an old plastic ice cream container, 'cos this tin was far too adorable for such a use. I gave it a scrub and it is now home to my acrylic paints. It makes me happy just to look at it! Thanks Dad! Don't you just love vintage tins? This one was from Burtons Gold Medal Biscuits.

7 comments:

  1. Such gifts are a rare treat. I still have loads of my Dad's tools none of which I have the faintest idea what to do with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! :D I haven't seen anything quite like it.

    Just wanted to say thanks a ton for following my blog. Your crafts are really wonderful..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *BEAUTIFUL*
    I'm moving this weekend and I'm just waiting to see the treasures my mother in law is going to bring us from her garage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't dads just the best!!! Love that old tin! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i adore vintage tins ... especially blue ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the tin!
    ive got an old think it was a cigarette tin that has buttons and things in it. jubilee year the year my mum was born. think someone gave it to her with buttons n things in i love it. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.