Sunday 4 February 2018

A Fox on a Box



If you know me, then you know that I have a bit of a thing for making and decorating pretty little boxes , often  using antique Natural History illustrations.

I am currently taking an online course to get back to my painting and illustrating and I have long been intending to create my own images to decoupage. So I gave myself a bit of a push and went for it. I created the fox illustrations with watercolour and coloured pencil.



For the body of the box I have used some Sarah Jayne chalk paint which I was sent at the end of last year to try out. This is me getting around to it now ! Too many things on my list!

These are the little project pots, they will keep me going for ages.


It went on smoothly and easily, and I love how there are no nasty fumes.
I used Royal Navy for the outside of the box, which is a gorgeous lapiz lazuli shade.


Inside and underneath I painted the box in Stardust, which I have to say I am really impressed with. It has a highly metallic sheen and I will be using this for more boxes. (This started as one of those little papier mache box blanks that you can buy, and I have added the cute wooden feet.)



On top of the Royal Navy I have splattered Stardust and a small amount of Mercury. The fox is standing on some silver snow which is Nuvo gilding flakes from Tonic Studios.



It turned out quite cute I think. There may be more foxes on boxes in the future. This one is going to be a gift, but I think now I had better make something foxy to go inside of it! An empty box might be a bit of a disappointment.

Have a lovely day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.