Monday 22 May 2017

Highland Summer

 May is often a really good month for us in the Highlands. No exception this year. We have had several weeks of beautiful warm dry weather. Hopefully June and July won't be too bad...often the best of summer is right now !

 I was able to make my first ever gate. I am quite pleased with the result. I am working on gate number two just now.


We already have a few strawberries ripening, although this one looks more like a bug or an alien.


I finished painting my Welsh Dresser and I am enjoying using it in the kitchen. I used Everlong Chalk Paint for this.  Now onto the next furniture on my list. Finish upholstering a couple of dining chairs and then paint a bed frame for the spare room. My list is long!

Plus we have been working in the garden slowly developing new flower beds which I am excited about planting up. Too much to do and not enough time!

Plus I entered my first Spoonflower fabric design competition. The remit was Whimsical watercolour insects. I decided on Cobalt blue beetles. I'll be very pleased if I make it into the top 25 fabrics for my first attempt.


Hope you have been having a good May.
Have a lovely day wherever you are.


1 comment:

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.