Tuesday 6 October 2015

Silver gilt decorative Box


I've used Tonic Studios pretty paper to decorate a papier mache box blank.For the lid,  I've used Tonic's oval layering dies to cut 2 layers of card. I embossed the top layer then used a gilding glue size which I bought from Ebay to gild the card with their Nuvo silver gilding flakes. I then used the same glue to gild one of Tonics little cameos to decorate the top of the box. 



Around the rim of the lid, I put a strip of double sided sticky tape and stuck gilding flakes onto that for a nice neat edge. I 'll need to find (or make) some treasure to put into my little box now.

Well, it's been absolutely perfect weather today....for crafting!! Hope the sunshine comes back soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.