Wednesday 15 August 2012

Routine has returned



Hello! Things are getting back to routine around here.
My little girl went back to school yesterday, ( Scotland goes back earlier than England), so I have finally managed a little card-making time. Just the Tonic!

I have been wanting to get my watercolours out for a long, long while now and get back to painting, so I thought the perfect introduction to using my brush again would be to colour some of Tonic Studio's lovely pick of the bunch stamps. It felt so good to be using my paints again - very therapeutic.


This is the first card I have done for a while. I have used some flowers from the Chrysanthemum set. Then I have cut them out with decoupage scissors and raised them on the card using foam squares from Scrapbook adhesives by 3L.

If you haven't tried watercolour, you should give it a go. Just don't skimp on getting a decent brush. If you are unsure about drawing your own images, using stamps is a great way to get a feel for painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.