Wednesday 26 January 2011

50 things never to do !!!

{Click to enlarge.}

I'm a bit obsessed with my old encyclopedias right now. They are from the 1920s. I will tell you more about that on Thrifty Thursday, but for the moment, here's a page that always makes me smile for some reason - even though it all makes jolly good sense! You can use it as a backdrop in a collage if you like.

My particular favourites are...

Never pick your teeth with a pin

Never attempt to frighten a child, especially in the dark.

Never put crochet hooks or knitting needles in the pocket . (Whoops, think I might have done that)

Never stand still in an archway, or in any draughty place, when wet through. It is dangerous. Keep moving about.

....So...don't say I didn't warn you, OK?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Doda
    Thanks for popping by :-)
    The archway thingy is an interesting one - I wonder what that's all about??
    Fascinating, isn't it, to read all those guidance tips from yesteryear - of course ours will seem just as quaint in 90 years time!
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one really made me laugh. KEPP MOVING ABOUT!! What do they think will happen to you standing in that archway?!!!

    That's a hilarious list!! Thank you so much for sharing it.

    Oh, and also.....the cards in the post below are GORGEOUS!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.